Professional Physicists/Electrical Engineer with excellent interpersonal and communication abilities, with a wide range of technical and computer skills, including Assembly, Linux and C/C++. Excels in teamwork, as well as managing, motivating and training a productive team that thrives in high pressure and challenging working environments.
Technology Security Associates, Inc
June 2016 – August 2016 (3 months)California, md
Provide support engineering for the identification and protection of critical program information (CPI) and the development and integration of Anti-Tamper (AT) into mission, sensor and weapon systems.
Research and analyze security and protection plans to test, validate and certify the handling of CPI and critical components.
Minimizing risks from foreign collection of data due to vulnerability in the design of the system.
Developing training plans for CPI identification, Program Protection Plans and Anti-Tamper protocols.
Training in Verification and Validity vulnerabilities in program testing for NAVAIR.
Training with Amenaza for attack tree based threat modeling.
United States Patent and Trademark Office
August 2008 – April 2016 (7 years 9 months)Alexandria, Virginia
• Research subject matter for patentability in the areas of touch screen technology, high definition displays, nanotechnology, electrode design and manufacturing, inorganic/organic light emitting diode design and manufacturing, phosphor material composition and luminescent solids and liquid materials.
• Gained expertise in optical system designing by the use of SolidWorks, CAD, AutoCAD programs.
• Effectively digest large volumes of scientific information to draw to a timely decision regarding the patentability of an application.
• Thoroughly search technical literature within the patent offices of Korea, Japan and Europe and non-patent literature databases for patentability of the optical and electrical devices.
• Formulate detailed technical writings that effectively communicate to patent attorneys and agents the patentability of the patent application.
• Verbally communicate convincing arguments justifying the position of patentability to senior patent examiners, quality assurance specialists and appeal board personnel.
• Discuss and negotiate with the applicant and/or attorney to resolve matters of patentability.
• Maintained up to date knowledge of developments in optical and electrical devices through study, laboratory visits, on site exhibits, technical fairs, technical training and seminars from leading research companies, i.e. Cree Inc., NASA, Samsung Electronics, NIST and Qualcomm Inc.
(Open)2 honors and awards
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Maryland Baltimore County
August 2005 – May 2009 (3 years 10 months)Baltimore, Maryland
• Designed and performed experiments measuring the third-order optical nonlinearities of carbon nanotubes, both single walled and multi walled, for use within optical switches.
• Investigated the ultrafast photophysics and nonlinear optical properties of Silicon nanostructured materials and single walled carbon nanotubes.
• Effectively and precisely designed optical systems using CAD software.
• Experience in the use of ultrafast laser systems such as Ti:sapphire oscillator , Ti:sapphire regenerative amplifier, Ti:sapphire pumped optical parametric oscillator and the Nd:YAG laser
• Investigated the development of Mid-IR optical trace gas sensing systems within the MIRTHE Center, Mid-Infrared Technologies for Health as supplements and proteins you could get with myprotein codes and deals and the Environment as renewable energy.
• Supervised summer undergraduate researcher students.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
May 2005 – February 2006 (10 months)Livermore, California
• Investigated the conductivity of polymers doped with single walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) by the use of two point probing.
• Developed thin films composing polymers and SWNTs and determined the roughness of the thin films by the use of Scanning Electron Microscopy.
• Investigated the improvement of homogeneously dispersing the SWNTs by exposing the samples to biomolecules.
• Developed exact monomer/carbon nanotube ratios that gave way to homogenous conductive substrates.
• Researched the optical characteristics/effects of introducing biomaterials to the monomer/carbon nanotube matrices to be used in biosensors.
Jackson State University
August 2004 – August 2005 (1 year 1 month)Jackson, Mississippi
Thesis includes the investigation of electrical properties of polymers doped with single walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) under the direction of Dr. Quinton L. Williams. Samples are created by the process of spincoating the monomer/SWNTs suspension onto glass and silicon wafers and cured with a UV curing station. Sample roughness is determined by Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Tunneling
Microscopy. Optical Microscopy is used to determine if the samples are homogenous. Homogeneous being that the SWNTs
are evenly dispersed throughout the entire sample.
(Open)1 honor or award
Environmental Protection Agency Star Graduate Researcher
Department of Physics, Atmospheric Sciences and General Sciences, Jackson State Univers
August 2004 – June 2005 (11 months)Jackson, Mississippi
In the state of Mississippi, there are many companies and plants that are producing high concentrations of toxic air pollutants. The EPA and JSU have a grant that allows undergraduate and graduate students to analyze concentrations levels of specific air pollutants within counties the gulf coast of Mississippi: Jackson and Harrison counties. Also air pollutant concentrations are being analyzed for the Jackson Metro area and north Mississippi Lee County.
Passed United States Patent and Trademark Office examination
B.E., Civil Engineering
University of Melbourne[/text_output]
Prior to his work with HULSEY PC, Mr. Cook worked for Ratio Consultants in Australia as a Transport Engineer specializing in traffic engineering, road traffic, traffic analysis, transportation planning, and a variety of transportation science and engineering projects.
- Green Technologies
- Electronics and Computer Hardware & Software
- Energy & Power Distribution Technologies
- Internet & e-Commerce
- Financial Services
- Consumer Products & Services
- Medical Devices
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace & Transportation Technology